My device is displaying “No video content…”
- On a PC (not a Mac), create a folder named “0” (zero) on a clean USB stick.
- Copy your content into the folder 0 on the USB stick.
- Power on the device and stay in the Pulse Player app which opens automatically when the tablet is powered on.
- Insert the USB stick into the USB1 port on the back of the device.
- A password prompt will appear that reads “Enter password (Auto Copy)”.
- Enter your password (The default password is “11223344”).
- Press “Confirm”.
- A dialogue box will appear asking “Will you copy directly or delete old contents before copy?” Select “Delete before Copy”.
- Wait for contents to be copied over and then remove USB stick. Your content should now play on the screen.
My device keeps crashing and restarting
Part of Pulse Players “Health Check” system detects unsupported files and throws an exception during launch. When this happens, the device will “Reboot on Error” in order to clear the issue. Should it fail it will continue to do so as detailed below.
- Allow the device to restart 5 times
- When prompted, delete the file located in the 0 folder
- When replacing the file in the 0 folder be sure the following steps are taken:
- Copy the file to the USB stick from a PC and not from a Mac computer
- Check that the file you are trying to use is supported by the device. For example: PowerPoint is not supported.
My device’s “Forward to” function is not working
- Access the Pulse Player settings menu by swiping a Z gesture on the screen or by pressing the Back button located on the back of the tablet. When prompted, enter your password (*Note – The default password is 11223344), and press Confirm.
- Scroll down by swiping in an upward motion.
- Select “Forward to Options” to enable forward to function.
- Select “Forward Target (TP Folder/URL)”.
- If you want to forward to URL:
- Select “URL” from pop-up menu.
- Select “Set URL”.
- Delete default URL and type in desired URL.
- Confirm and return to Pulse by selecting “Back”.
- If you want to forward to TP Folder:
- Exit the Pulse Player
- Prepare a blank USB drive with your desired files.
- Insert the USB drive into the tablet
- From the applications menu, select “Explorer”.
- Select “USB storage”
- Press and hold on the desired file and select “Copy” from the pop-up options.
- Select “Level Up” from the top toolbar
- Select “NAND FLASH”
- Navigate and enter the “tp” folder
(If it does not exist create it by selecting “New Folder” from the main menu)
- Select “Editor” from the top toolbar
- Select “Paste”.
- Return to Pulse Player and check the forward to function.
- Ensure that Forwarding is enabled, and select TP Folder are your target
- Return to Pulse by selecting “Back”
My device is not connecting to Wi-Fi
- Select “Settings”.
- Slide the Wi-Fi setting to “ON”.
- Select the Wi-Fi network you wish to connect to.
- Type in the Wi-Fi password and select “Connect”. IMPORTANT: Make sure that below the Wi-Fi network you connected to, the word “Connected” is displayed. If not, try re-connecting.
- Moki app will automatically launch and register. If prompted, select “Activate”.
My device is not registering (stuck on registering)
Certain ports are required to establish a connection with the MDM services. This may not finalize due to a restricted internet connection (DMZ or Firewall Policies). You can disable the MDM services via Pulse or the Android Settings. Otherwise –
- Power off the Wireless Access Point
- Restart the device
- The device should no longer see the WAP and you should be able to make the changes necessary.
- Either connect to a different hotspot to finalize registration, or disable the MDM services.
- To disable the service – Turn off MDM in Pulse Settings
- Exit Pulse and enter Android Settings
- Locate Apps on the left pane
- Select Moki Manage from the list and Disable
My devices Auto Copy does not work
- Try removing and re-inserting the USB stick.
- Be sure the Pulse Player app is launched while you are attempting Auto Copy
- Make sure you are copying the content to the USB from a PC and not a Mac computer.
- Check to see if you created a folder named “0” (zero) on the USB and that the content is in that folder.
- Check to see if your USB stick contains an error. To do this, go to “My Computer”, right click on the USB memory stick icon, select “Properties”, select “Tools” and select “Check Now”.
My device has crashed/screen is frozen
- Press and hold the power button until the tablet restarts.
I cannot exit Pulse Player on my device
There are 2 ways to exit Pulse Player:
- Trace a large “Z” on the screen of the device to launch the Pulse Player settings, enter the password and select “Exit”.
- Locate the “Back” button on the back of the tablet and press it once to launch the Pulse Player settings, enter the password and select “Exit”.
I cannot adjust the volume on my device while Pulse Player is launched
- Enter the Pulse Player settings by doing a Z swipe or pressing the back button.
- Enter the password to access the settings
- Locate “Volume Adjustment Options” and select it to enable the setting.
I deleted Pulse Player, how do I get it back?
Contact Outform by submitting a ticket specifying your devices Model Number, Serial Number and Build Number and we will send you the correct Pulse Player for your device.
How do I locate my device’s Build Number?
- Enter the device’s Settings by selecting the gear icon.
- Scroll down through the Settings options until you see “About tablet”
- Select “About tablet” and you will see the Build number located in the right pane.